A) The most important federal agency and department to me is the Department of Defense and the Armed Forces. This department makes up the various arm forces, including Army, Navy, Air Force, etc. The people who serve our nation through the arm forces often are faced with great sacrifice. Sacrifice from their families, their social lives, their income, and sometime even the ultimate sacrifice of their lives all for you and me. So, to me that is the most important.
2. Which federal agency could be terminated with the least impact (if any) and why?
A) Most of the agencies seem very important so it was hard to narrow down ones that could be eliminated without aftermath. I did find that the Wirtz Labor Library was slightly less important in my opinion that some of the other ones. It's a library that holds records on labor, unions, grow and development, and while to some people that may be very important, on the list next to disability agencies, intelligence agencies, and so on seemed more important than it.
3. Are any new agencies needed? In other words, if you were president would you create new agencies? If so, in what area(s)?
A) There were a lot of agencies, but I noticed there didn't seem to be one on the educational purpose of a library or organization of religions. Maybe this was never created due to separation of church and state, but I think that for education purposes an agency for this reason could be very helpful. So many people don't get involved in religions because they just aren't informed. Some of this is self-inflicted, but I don't know how many times people have accused me, being a Christian, of believing in ridiculous things simply because they heard a rumor of such. I know there's even a lot of misconceptions between different denominations of the same religion, such as Baptists versus Southern Baptists or Catholicism, etc. So if there was an archive or library based agency on the education of this, maybe less people would be confused.
Blogs I Commented On: Matthew Cooper, Katelyn Dozier, and Nikki Stair
When the Government Agencies Close
| http://i.imgur.com/P7o8mg5.jpg |
I agree with you, the Department of Defense and the Armed Forces are important; they are our national security. I will agree with you, most other agencies do seem more important than the Wirtz Labor Library, but I think all the agencies are important. An agency based on education of religions, would be helpful, but only to the people that would want to know and learn about certain religions. I thought that the Veterans Benefits Administration was important, because I believe that when the people who served our country should be taken care of when their service is done. I would create an agency that aids in self-help for depression and mental illnesses. These are two huge issues that are taken too lightly. People want to blame the gun for killing innocent people, when it is actually the person behind the gun that is suffering from severe depression or a mental illness.
ReplyDeleteI agree with your stance on the Department of Defense being the most important. Without our military, we wouldn't be here to talk about the subject today. I couldn't find an agency that wouldn't be missed, I think they are all important or they wouldn't be around to begin with but I think you did a good job of answering such a difficult question. An agency on organizations and religions seems like a great idea, however with budget cuts and our government being so far in debt, such an agency would be considered unnecessary. Great idea though. If nothing else it wouldn't hurt for schools to teach our kids more about different religions, just so they can have an appreciation for those who are different.
ReplyDeleteGreat blog! I would agree that one of our more crucial areas is defense. As the world progresses in more turmoil, it becomes increasingly known that we as a nation have many enemies throughout the world and need the vital protection for our borders and to keep the peace. Challenges will always arise and we need to have the feeling of being safe, which is be tested at times. I’ve never heard of the department you wrote of, but I best most of that information could be found in the archives and that department could be cut.
ReplyDelete