1. The issue of race - does the government do too little or too much to reduce the instances of racial discrimination? Why or how so?
A) I think sometimes the government actually does a little too much to reduce the instances of racial discrimination. I don't say this to be confused with condoning discrimination, but because of it we have a nation of people who believe that they can say anything they want if it pertains themselves and little to nothing if it pertains to others. The issues of political correctness has become a double-edged sword. I think the actual legally regulations on discrimination are more relaxed than the public agenda promoted by the government on this issue, but it still is sometimes too involved in these disputes.
2. The issue of gender - same question as #1.
A) I think the government is neither too involved or too relaxed regarding gender discrimination. I think there are instances where gender discrimination is still alive in places, like the workforce sometimes, but I think that for the most part men and women have a lot more equality in these instances than they ever had. I also want to stress the term equality there, not feminism, because I truly believe that men vs women viewpoints can so easily be blown out of proportion today, and like I said about political correctness, it is also a double-edged sword.
3. The issue of sexual orientation - same question as #1 and #2.
A) This one I think the government is has done too little to reduce the instances of discrimination, but I think this is mainly due to it only recently gaining more civil rights movements to back it. I don't say this to promote sexual orientation as right or wrong, but more specifically the discrimination of it. The nation has to mature in this aspect so that we can learn to love all people and not shun them, regardless of if we agree for or against the issue. I have lost one too many friends to the hatred that has rallied against homosexuals and other sexual orientation groups.
Blogs I Commented On: Nikki Stair, Donna Fox, and Matthew Cooper
Double Standards
(FYI, the picture is not meant to offend, it is meant to be comical, and if it did, you may have just proven my point...)
No comments:
Post a Comment