Saturday, October 11, 2014

Blog Assignment #7

1. Does objectivity still exist in the media's coverage of politics?  Of the major news outlets (CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, NPR, NBC, etc.), which are the most objective and which seem to have the most bias?
A) Yes, however, I think it is very rare nowadays for objectivity to remain intact. Primarily a lot of people view FoxNews as a biased news outlet due to the stories seemingly promoting the Republican and conservative, and I do think this is somewhat true. However, I think that a lot of other networks such as CNN and NBC are biased in the opposite way, pushing toward the Democratic and liberal views.
2. How does talk radio (Rush Limbaugh, Keith Olbermann, etc.) affect your view of politics?  Why?
A) I personally don't listen to much talk radio, though I sometimes hear advice stations, instead, but when I do listen to such things it can affect how I view certain political issues because conversations between the hosts can be interpreted, even by me, as accredited facts when they may not be. Thus, it pushed a political belief into my head or someone else's that in actuality may not have any basis.
3. Is media objectivity important?  Why or why not?
A)Yes, it is incredibly important because when opinions of right and wrong in political, social, and economic issues are voiced in a place that is designed solely for describing the news, it distorts the news itself and ends up encouraging its audience to pick sides. When the media is objective, then true opinions on the issue can be made because the real facts are all on the table.

Blogs I Commented On: Katelyn Dozier, Matthew Cooper, and Stephanie Steele

http://www.gamingpsych.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/44763666.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I agree that objectivity is important, however I disagree that I ever see it happening. It seems like no matter what news channel you turn on these days, its always so negative/ biased, and its hard to distinguish where the actual news report is, rather than the biases from the casters.

    ReplyDelete