A) I most identify with the Republican party because I have many conservative ideologies that match theirs. I do disagree with the way Republican party members may turn lack of federal government involvement into a lack of care to those that need government assistance. I do think that these systems such as welfare are abused sadly, but I do recognize that there are people that cannot live without such systems. Sometimes the Republican party can come across as uncaring because it is less supporting towards government assistance programs such as socialized healthcare and such.
2. Does America need political parties? The founders originally hoped that American politics would operate without need of parties? Would that work today? Why?
A) I wish it didn't rely on political parties but in today's day and age I don't know if people could willingly organize themselves strong enough to properly campaign and get their ideologies passed otherwise. Sadly, we have a lot of political ranters, people who whine about politics but have no plans or clue how to translate those opinions into actions. I do think it's sad that if you aren't attached to a party you have next to no chance of election otherwise, but I do think there are some advantages and necessary things that political parties add to the government.
3. Please research lesser known political parties - which one do you most identify with? Why?
A) I identify with the American Conservative Party because it stresses many of the same things that the Republican party does but takes it stricter in wanting more social political issues to be state and local jurisdiction, not federal, such as marriage laws, abortion laws, and education standards. Some of the other minor parties were interesting to see. I had no idea there was a United States Marijuana Party or a Prohibition Party.
Blogs I Commented On: Donna Fox, Matthew Cooper, and Katelyn Dozier
Founding Fathers on Political Parties
| http://s.quickmeme.com/img/0d/0dab35c87ec69d4ee15ff9301e589c90bcd65333e6d95b0f2cd8e10b1210a8da.jpg |
No comments:
Post a Comment